Largest Gifts to Johns Hopkins1. $55 million, for the eight academic divisions of the university and the Milton S. Eisenhower Library and for the Johns Hopkins Medicine campaign for a cancer center and cancer research building, Michael R. Bloomberg, 1995.
2. $50 million, for the School of Arts and Sciences endowment, Zanvyl and Isabelle Krieger Fund, 1992.
3. $20 million, for the Milton S. Eisenhower Library, R. Champlin and Debbie Sheridan, 1994.
3. $20 million, for the Johns Hopkins Hospital Cancer Center, Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation, 1995.
5. $17.7 million, for Johns Hopkins Hospital, estate of Glenn Stewart, 1982.
6. $14.6 million, real estate, for the university's unrestricted use, Elizabeth Banks and family, 1989.
7. $10 million, for the Johns Hopkins Hospital Cancer Center, anonymous, 1995.
8. $9.8 million, for the School of Medicine, anonymous faculty member, 1986.
9. $9.125 million, School of Arts and Sciences humanities programs, estate of Herbert Boone, 1983.
10. $8.1 million, for the university's unrestricted use, David Blech, 1987.
10. $8.1 million, for the university's unrestricted use, Isaac Blech, 1987.
Note: This is a listing of the largest gifts ever to either The Johns Hopkins University or The Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System, or to both. Though they are separate corporations, they cooperate in many areas, including fund raising.
Embargoed for release 12:01 a.m. ET, Monday, October 2
Go to Giving and Alumni News Home Page
Go to Headlines@HopkinsHome Page