If possible use well lit, busy stops.
• Stay alert! Do not leave yourself noticeably vulnerable
to theft by dozing
• A crowded bus is an environment for pick pockets. Carry
your wallet in an
inside coat pocket or a front pants pocket. Carry your bag closely, not
dangling from its strap.
• Take a seat near the driver if another passenger is
• If someone harasses you on a bus or subway, do not
be embarrassed to
loudly say "Leave me alone!"
• Watch who exits with you. if you feel uneasy walk directly
to a place
where there are other people.
• If something or someone at your intended stop raises your
personal safety, wait until the next stop to get off.