Short in length but not in content! Discover Hopkins Programs are intensive programs designed to expose you to topics from different perspectives. For instance, observe top researchers and listen to experts at Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, as you survey the latest in environmental health.
Instructors will lead you through your topic with a morning lecture. The experts captivate your afternoons--faculty, alumni, and other guest speakers who are leading researchers or practitioners on the subject. We don't stop here--we enhance your learning of the topic with a variety of guided field trips in Maryland, Washington, D.C., Pennsylvania, Virginia, or West Virginia.
The Discover Hopkins Programs are open to both residential and commuter students. Students register for one course (1cr) per session, and may enroll in up to 3 sessions (6 weeks). Students choose the session or sessions that best fits their schedule.
TYPICAL DAY IN A DISCOVER HOPKINS PROGRAM:
Monday - Friday
9:30 AM - 12 Noon (Morning Lectures and Activities)
12-2 PM (Lunch and Break)
2- 4:30 PM (Afternoon Lectures, Guest Speakers, Site Visits)
* No residential spaces remain for Session I. We are still accepting Commuter applications.
* No spaces remain for Session II for either residential or commuter students.
- Introduction to Lab Research **
- Application of Abnormal Psychology to Forensic Cases **
- The Hospital **
* No residential spaces remain for Session III. We are still accepting Commuter applications.
- Introduction to Lab Research
- Application of Abnormal Psychology to Forensic Cases
- Sports and the Athletic Body
- Introduction to Biology & Medicine **
** Enrollment limit reached. Course closed.
Sharpen and refine your speaking, reading, listening, and writing skills, or improve your test scores.
More Information >
Engineering Innovation engages pre-college students in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) education, inspires them to consider further studies and careers in engineering, and provides an understanding of basic engineering principles and skills.
More Information >