Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL USA 2009
2012 SIAM Conference on the Life Sciences Travel Grant
2012 Anti-Angiogenic Therapy Symposium Travel Award
2012 Keystone Symposia Underrepresented Minority Scholarship
2010 Elmer Gaden Jr. Award from the journal Biotechnology and Bioengineering
2010 National Institutes of Health Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award
2010 UNCF/Merck Postdoctoral Science Research Fellowship
2008 Merck Poster Award, Metabolic Engineering VII Conference
2006 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
Developing pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic model to predict the transport and kinetics of key angiogenic factors, including vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)
1. Finley, S.D. and Popel, A.S. (2012) "Tumor VEGF can increase or decrease with anti-VEGF treatment depending on tumor microenvironment: systems biology predictions''. Under Review.
2. Finley, S.D. and Popel, A.S. (2012) "Predicting the effects of anti-angiogenic agents targeting specific VEGF isoforms''. The AAPS Journal. 14(3), 500-509.
3. Klinke, D.J. and Finley, S.D. (2012) "Timescale analysis of rule-based biochemical reaction networks". Biotechnology Progress. 28(1), 33-44.
4. Finley, S.D., Engel-Stefanini, M.O., Imoukhuede, P.I., and Popel, A.S. (2011) "Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of VEGF-neutralizing agents". BMC Systems Biology. 5:193.
5. Yen, P.*, Finley, S.D.*, Stefanini, M.O., and Popel, A.S. (2011) "A two-compartment model of VEGF distribution in the mouse". PLoS ONE. 6:e27514. *Contributed equally.
6. Finley, S.D., Gupta, D., Cheng, N., and Klinke, D.J. (2011) "Inferring relevant control mechanisms for Interleukin-12 signaling in naive CD4+ T cells". Immunology and Cell Biology. 89(1), 100-110.
7. Finley, S.D., Broadbelt, L.J., and Hatzimanikatis, V. (2010) "Evaluation of the cellular feasibility of novel biodegradation pathways for 1,2,4-trichlorobenzene". BMC Systems Biology. 4:7.
8. Finley, S.D., Broadbelt, L.J., and Hatzimanikatis, V. (2009) "Computational framework for predictive biodegradation". Biotechnology and Bioengineering. 104(6), 1086-1097.
9. Finley, S.D., Broadbelt, L.J., and Hatzimanikatis, V. (2009) "Thermodynamic analysis of biodegradation pathways". Biotechnology and Bioengineering. 103(3), 532-541.
Kansas City, KS