As an alumnus of the School of Arts & Sciences and the School of Engineering, you know that Hopkins students make great employees. The Career Center offers a wide array of services to employers and is committed to helping you make connections with current students.
At the Johns Hopkins University Career Center, we partner with you to achieve your recruiting goals. We facilitate connections for professional relationship development among students and alumni employers. By customizing programs to suit your needs, our aspiration is for every alumni to foster a connection with a Hopkins student and/or fellow alumni.
On-Campus Recruiting (OCR) is an opportunity for employers to interview multiple candidates in one location. Employers can customize the on-campus recruiting schedule to fit their needs, including screening and pre-selecting all candidates and deciding on the length of interviews (anywhere from 15 minutes to 90 minutes).
After posting a position in J-Connect, employers can select applicants to interview at a central location in the Career Center. The JHU Recruiting team will work with you to set an interview schedule that fits within your organization’s recruiting timeline.
For more information about conducting OCR, please contact the Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
Post a Position for On-Campus Interviews:
- Log into J-Connect.
- Click on the "On-Campus Recruiting tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on the "Attach Position" next to your Johns Hopkins recruiting schedules. When this is completed, your information will be live for students.
Resume Referral Program
If you have immediate hiring needs, the Career Center can search our student and alumni resume database for resumes that match your criteria.
To Participate in the Resume Referral Program, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following:
- Your name and full contact information (phone, mailing address, etc.)
- Your organization's website address
- An official position description
- Any specific search criteria you'd like to call attention to, such as degree or citizenship requirements
You will receive resumes within 1-2 days, and students/alumni will be notified of the referral.
Third-party recruiters may participate in the Career Center's Resume Referral program under the following conditions:
- Third-party recruiters must provide an employer name, position title, and job description in writing (via email or otherwise) before receiving resumes. The Career Center will not contact the employer or communicate the employer’s name to students.
- Third-party recruiters must agree in writing (via email or otherwise) that resumes received will not be used for any employer or position other than those provided to the Career Center.
To learn more about different recruiting options, contact Sarah Gubara
This is a great opportunity for employers and alumni to volunteer to share their industry and career expertise with Hopkins' students. Students get a chance to practice their interviewing skills before the start of recruiting season, and learn more about career industries of interest.
Mock Interview Week (September 10-14) also provides employers the opportunity to build their brand on-campus and gain additional exposure to Hopkins' students. Employers and Alumni volunteer to conduct 45 minute long mock interviews (30 minutes for the interview; 15 minutes for feedback) which are conducted both in the Career Center's offices and by phone.
The Career Center invites employers and alumni who are interested in participating to contact email@example.com for more information.
Networking is not simply acquiring business cards, but the chance for students to learn about career opportunities, specific organizations, industries and career fields. For today's students, learning how to network allows them to build and create connections that will pave the way for their career development and success. Through the Career Center and its partner organizations, a variety of Networking Events are held throughout the calendar year. These events bring Hopkins' students together to learn from industry professionals. For information about participating in a networking events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intersession is the four-week period between the Fall and Spring semesters. During that time in January, undergraduate students have the option of taking a 3 week class that offers career networking and informational trips to New York City.
Hosting a visit from one of the Intersession classes is a great way to offer students valuable insight into what a career at your organization is like. These trips provide access to Hopkins' top students and many of these students go on to intern at companies they visited.
A typical visit may include a brief presentation from the employer, a tour of offices, question and answer session with alumni members of the organization, and networking opportunities.
To learn more about hosting one of these visits, please email email@example.com.
Current Intersession Offerings, January 2011
- Public Relations & Media in the Big Apple (Media and Communications Industries)
- Day in a Global City Trip to New York (International Development and Policy Industries)
- Day on the Street (Financial and Economics Industries)