- Explore Your Options
- Build Your Skills
- Apply for Opportunities
- Connect With Us
Are you Ready for Graduate School?
You may be ready for graduate school if...
- You wish to study a particular field in depth and you have accurate information about your intended field and know you need a graduate degree.
- You can balance the demands of graduate school with the rest of your life plans.
- You have talked to people in the field, and they reconfirmed your desire to attend graduate school.
- You plan to use your graduate degree in applicable career fields
You may not be ready if...
- You are feeling burned out academically.
- You view applying to graduate school as an alternative to the job search.
- You are considering widely different fields of study.
- You have no idea what types of jobs you could acquire with the degree you plan to obtain.
Starting the Graduate School Search
- Make an appointment with a career counselor to discuss your options.
- Talk to faculty and graduate students in the specific discipline you are considering.
- If you are applying to professional school (law, medicine, dental, veterinary, business, etc.) seek guidance and counsel from an advisor in Pre-Professional Advising