M. Sardella Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Fellows and Senior Research Staff:
|Undergraduate and other students: (current and former):
- Michael Howland (2014-2016)
- John Bacon (2014)
- Vincent Rolin (2011, 2012)
- Jason Li (RPI, 2011)
- Imbi Salasoo (2010, 2011, & 2012)
- José Polo (Univ. Turabo PR undergrad, summer 2008)
- Francisco Wharton (Univ. Turabo PR undergrad, summer 2008)
- Taylor Reese (2008)
- Gustavo Rivera-Rosario (RPI undergrad, Summers of 2007 and 2008)
- John Kegelman (2007)
- Joe Lefkowitz(2007)
- Lauren Denk (2006)
- Ryan Mayes (2006)
- Michael Scheib (2005)
- Juan Sanchez (2005)
- Byong-Ho Hwang (2005)
- Giles Haysom (2005)
- Anthony Tvaroha (2002, BS 2003)
- David Breau (1998)
- Ben Kusmin (1993)
- Ken El-Sherif (1993)
- Nathan Green (Baltimore Polytechnic High School, 2011)
- Duane Dennis (Baltimore Polytechnic High School, 2008 & 2009)
- Jesse Broccato (Baltimore Polytechnic High School, 2007 & 2008)
- Joel Bretheim (now at Naval Research Lab, Washington DC).
- Luis Martinez (Ph.D. 2017) Now Research Engineer at the National Renewable Energy Lab (NREL), Golden CO.
- Perry Johnson (Ph.D. 2017) Now postdoc at Stanford University.
- Xiang Yang (Ph.D. 2016, co-advised with R. Mittal). Now Assistant Professor, Penn State.
- Jasim Sadique (Ph.D. 2015, co-advised with R. Mittal).
Thormann (Ph.D. 2015, now with Renault, France).
- Claire Verhulst (Ph.D., 2015) Now with Center for Educational Outreach, Johns Hopkins University.
Graham (Ph.D., 2014) now at the Naval Research Laboratory.
Bai (Ph.D., 2014) nNow Research Scientist, KLA-Tencor, San Fransisco, CA. (co-advised with J.
Anderson (Ph.D., 2011) now Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Univ. Texas, Dallas.
Chamecki (Ph.D., 2008) Now, Associate Professor, Dept. of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles. (co-advised with Prof. Parlange).
Kumar (Ph.D., 2007)
Now, VP Data Science & Engineering, at SentientScience. (co-advised with Prof. Parlange).
Li (Ph.D., 2007) now lecturer, Department
of Applied Mathematics, The University of Sheffield,
Rosales (Ph.D., 2007) Now, Professor and Chairman, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Univ. Técnica Federico Santa María, Valparaíso Chile.
Higgins (Ph.D., 2007) Now, Associate Professor, Oregon State University. (co-advised with Prof. Parlange).
Chester (PhD 2006) now at Northrop
Bou-Zeid (Ph.D., 2005)
now tenured Associate Professor, Department
of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Princeton
University. (co-advised with Prof. Parlange).
Chen (Ph.D., 2004)
now tenured Associate Professor, Department
of Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University. (co-advised with Prof. Katz).
Kleissl (Ph.D., 2004)
now tenured Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering,
Univ. California San Diego. (co-advised with Prof. Parlange).
Tao, (Ph.D., 2000) now Associate Professor, Department
of Electronics and Mechanical, Wendworth Institute
of Technology (co-advised with J.
- Fernando Porté-Agel (Ph.D., 2000) now full Professor, EPFL Switzerland (co-advised with M. Parlange).
Cerutti (Ph.D., 1999) now with Lockheed Martin, Orlando, FL.
Jiang (Ph.D., 2000) now researcher at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (co-advised with T.
Scotti (Ph.D., 1997) Now, Professor, Dept. of Marine Science, University of North Carolina.
- John Mansfield
(Ph.D., 1997) now with Airflow
Sciences Corporation, Michigan (co-advised with O. Knio).
- Shewen Liu
(Ph.D., 1997) now with U.S. Shipping Bureau (co-advised with
- John O'Neil (Ph.D.,
1996) now with Applied Physics Lab.
- Mohammad Danish now Assistant Professor, Bennett University, India.
- Dr. Kun Yang, now in research administration, Southern Technical Univ. China.
- Dr. Richard Stevens, now Assistant Professor at University of Twente, the Netherlands.
- Dr. Di Yang, now Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, University of Houston, TX (http://www.me.uh.edu/faculty/yang).
- Dr. Michael Wilczek, now Research Group Leader, Max Planck Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization, Goettingen, Germany (http://www.ds.mpg.de/wilczek).
- Dr. Adrian Sescu, now Associate Professor, Aerospace Engineering, Mississippi State University.
Huidan (Whitney) Yu, now Associate Professor, UIUI.
Marco Martins-Afonso now postdoc, Centro de Matemática da Universidade do Porto (CMUP), Portugal.
Raul Baoyan-Cal now
tenured Associate Professor, Mechanical
Engineering, Portland State University.
- Guillermo Araya (Spring 2008) now Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, University of Puerto Rico.
Laurent Chevillard, now CNRS researcher, Ecole Normale Superieure, Lyon, France.
Yu-heng Tseng, now Project Scientist II, NCAR, Colorado, (co-advised with Prof.
Juan Hierro now at Laboratorio de Investigación en Tecnologías
de la Combustión, Zaragoza, Spain.
Oguz Uzol now with Suzlon Blade Science Center, Vejle, Denmark. (co-advised with Prof.
Wusi Yue now at GSE Systems, (co-advised with Prof. Parlange).
Hyung-Suk Kang now with Applied Physics Lab, Laurel MD.
- Yifan Zhang (M.S.E. 2018)
- Joshua Gilbert (M.S.E. 2018)
- Matthew Thompson (M.S.E. 2016)
- Nicole Cade-Ferreira (M.S.E. 2016)
- Michael Leibel (M.S.E. 2014)
- Hector Morales (M.S.E. 2012).
- Brandon Hahn (M.S.E. 2012).
- Taylor Reese (M.S.E. 2010).
- Yunke Yang (M.S.E. 2008, co-advised with Prof. Chen)
- Dan Brzozowski (B.S./M.S. program, M.S.E. 2004), currently PhD student at Georgia Tech.
- Pamela Rawe (M.S.E. 2000), now U.S. Navy.
- Matt Hayden (M.S.E. 2000), now GE Aviation.
- Richard Anderson (M.S.E. 1995, then PhD in DoGEE with Prof. B. Hobbs), now Assistant Professor, School of Environment and Earth Sciences, Duke University.
Visiting Graduate Students:
- José-Hugo Elsas (2016-2017), visiting Ph.D. student from Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Juliaan Bossuyt (2013-2016), visiting Ph.D. student from KU Leuven, Belgium.
- Wim Munters (Spring 2014)
- Hamid Sarlak (Summer 2012)
- Jonas Boschung (Summer 2012)
- Stimit Shah (2012)
- Victor Maldonado (2011, 2012)
- Edo Frederix (Summer 2011)
- Sheila Torres (Spring 2007,2008,2009,2010)
- José Lebron (Spring 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011)
- Marc Calaf (2008/2009)
- Guillermo Araya (Spring 2008)
- José Polo (PR Summer 2008)
- Gustavo Rivera-Rosario (RPI Summer 2007,2008)
- Maja Wänström (Fall 2007/Spring 2008)
- Brian Brzek (Spring 2007)
- Fabrice Charlette (Ph.D. 2002), visiting PhD student from Ecole Centrale Paris.
- Fedderik van der Bos, visiting M.S. student 2001.