The Johns Hopkins Gazette: October 21, 2002

October 21, 2002
VOL. 32, NO. 8

History professor to receive French Legion of Honor
'All's Well' as Theatre Hopkins begins its 81st season
Galaxy merger leaves behind telltale blue arc
United Way campaign offers multimedia Web sites, online pledging
Two elected to Institute of Medicine
Job Opportunities
Johns Hopkins Gazette Online Edition

'A Capital Celebration'
With the building-of-the-hour as the dramatic backdrop, Johns Hopkins President William R. Brody and dozens of deans, top administrators and trustees gathered on Sunday, Oct. 13, to dedicate the Bernstein-Offit Building, the university's newest physical presence in the nation's capital.
   Some 200 people attended the event, which was held across the street on the front lawn of SAIS's Nitze Building. Chairs faced 1717 Massachusetts Ave. to provide those gathered with a view of the new academic space. Full story...

Homewood growth spurt continues
When the new Homewood master plan was completed in 2000, it was expected to guide growth on the campus for decades to come.
   That's still true. But some decades just feel like they go faster than others.
   Far more quickly than anyone imagined just two years ago, Homewood has grown and changed.    The Mattin Center and O'Connor Center, two long-planned student services buildings, have been completed. So have two more recently conceived academic buildings, Clark and Hodson halls. A new chemistry building, NMR research facility and parking deck are coming up out of the ground near the western entrance to campus. And over the past three summers, the grounds have been transformed. Full story...

[ The Gazette | Search | About the Gazette | Send us Email ]

The Gazette The Johns Hopkins University
Suite 100 3003 N. Charles St. Baltimore, MD 21218