An 1878 Celebration
PHOTO BY HPS/WILL KIRK
The Johns Hopkins
University Press and
Evergreen, one of the university's historic houses,
have a 125th anniversary in common this year: In 1878, the
Press began operations at Johns Hopkins, and the Garrett
family moved into Evergreen.
To celebrate this shared history, the staff at
Evergreen hosted a holiday party for the staff of the Johns
Hopkins University Press on Dec. 11. The employees enjoyed
a tour of the first floor of Evergreen House, caroling,
good cheer and remarks by James R. Garrett, Evergreen House
Foundation board president.
On hand for the festivities were, from the left,
Winston Tabb, the R. Champlin and Debbie Sheridan Director
of the Milton S.
Eisenhower Library and dean of the Sheridan Libraries;
James R. Garrett, Evergreen House Foundation board
president; Robert Saarnio, director of the university's
historic houses; James J. Zeller, associate provost for
budgets and planning; Kathleen Keane, Johns Hopkins
University Press director of finance and operations; and
James D. Jordan, Johns Hopkins University Press
GO TO DECEMBER 15,
TABLE OF CONTENTS.
GO TO THE GAZETTE