2008-2009 Johns Hopkins Concerto Competition
3400 North Charles Street, 201 Shriver Hall Baltimore, Maryland 21218
- Interested students must submit an application and a 1-2 page musical resume to the Hopkins Symphony Orchestra office (201 Shriver Hall, Homewood Campus) by 5pm on Friday, November 14, 2008. The application is available in the Hopkins Symphony Orchestra office, and in PDF format at http://hopkinsconcerto.com.
- There are 12 audition slots. Audition slots will be awarded based on the application and musical resume. All applicants will be notified of their status by Monday, December 15, 2008. A schedule of assigned audition times will be posted on http://hopkinsconcerto.com.
- The competition will be held on Saturday, January 31, 2009 in the SDS Room of the Mattin Center (Homewood Campus). This audition is not open to the public. You should arrive 30 minutes early to register and warm-up. A private practice room will be assigned to you.
- The adjudicators will listen to 10 to 15 minutes of your piece. Please select contrasting passages. You may be asked to play a specific passage in addition to what you have selected.
- The winner will be notified by phone and the winner’s name will be posted on the website by February 3, 2009.
Please Note: All applicants must be available on Friday and Saturday, April 3-4, 2009 for the rehearsals and performance of the winning concerto or aria, if selected.
If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will answer your questions as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest.