Parking for HSO Musicians[Please note the general "How to get to the HSO" page as well as the information on this page.]
Most of us will need to park in the South Garage. If you’re able-bodied and you play a small instrument, please park in the Garage and leave the few driveway spaces for those who really need them.
The South Garage is beneath the Decker Quad (just west of Shriver), at 3101 Wyman Park Drive, Baltimore, MD 21218. You enter opposite the Wyman Building. Once parked, follow the signs to Shriver Hall. The garage is open 24/7, but not always with an attendant, so parkers need a voucher, ticket, pass, or credit card to get out. Details below.
|Regular garage fees|
|Monday – Friday||7 am – 3:45 pm||$3/hour, up to maximum of $15/day|
|Monday – Friday||3:45 pm – midnight||$6|
|Saturday & Sunday||8 am – midnight (all day)||$6|
- On-campus parking
- Season pass: A $100 season pass (same price as last 3 years) will cover auditions, all rehearsals and concerts in Shriver, and all chamber rehearsals and concerts at the Mattin Center. (If you buy a season pass after January 1, they’ll charge you $50.) A season pass will let you park in the driveway behind Shriver and in the South Garage. If you park in the driveway, always display your season pass on your dashboard. If you park in the South Garage: Pull a ticket as you enter (don’t use your credit card), take the ticket and your season pass to the Parking Office, and exchange the ticket for an exit voucher. It is recommended that you get your exit voucher before rehearsal; the staff may have left by 9:30.
- Evening/weekend faculty spaces along Shriver driveway without a season pass: Pay $6 at a multispace meter. If the meter closest to you is broken, you have to pay at another one. Pay with coins or a credit card. Display the receipt on your dashboard. “Evening” starts at 3:45 pm and ends at midnight. “Weekends” are Saturday and Sunday from 8 am to midnight.
- Individual evening/weekend vouchers for South Garage: One time only, if you identify yourself as an HSO musician, you can buy a set of up to 10 parking vouchers for the Garage @ $4 ($2 discount). “Evening” starts at 3:45 pm and ends at midnight. “Weekends” are Saturday and Sunday from 8 am to midnight.
How to buy passes
At the Parking Office (410 516-7275), which is in the South Garage just inside the gates. Open Monday – Friday from 8am-6pm. Pay by check, cash, or credit card. If you drive into the garage just to buy a parking pass, you’ll get a free exit voucher. HSO season passes are available now. The Parking Office won’t run out of passes, so it's fine to buy yours at the first rehearsal or later.
- Street parking
If you park on the street, please arrange to walk back to your car with someone else after rehearsal. You can also call 410 516-4600 to ask that a Hopkins security officer drive you to your car – or to your home, if you live in the neighborhood. This is an excellent free service. The streets just east of campus now have multispace meters at which you pay with coins or a credit card and then put a receipt on your dashboard. There’s one meter for every 8 – 10 cars. The affected streets are:
- N. Charles St. between 29th St and University Parkway: Meters in effect Monday – Saturday from 8 am – 6 pm. 50c/hour. Maximum parking time ranges from 2 – 10 hours, depending on which lane you’re in. The farther west the lane, the longer you can park.
- St. Paul St., 30th St., 31st St., 32nd St., and 33rd St.: Meters in effect Monday – Saturday from 8 am – 6 pm in some places, 8 am – 9 pm in others. 50c/hour. Maximum parking time 2 hours.
- Art Museum Drive: Meters in effect Monday – Saturday from 8 am – 10 pm, and Sunday from noon – 10 pm. 50c/hour. Maximum parking time 4 hours. The Museum parking lots are gated and available only to Museum visitors.