I work on gravitational physics, and in particular on black holes, neutron stars, gravitational radiation, relativistic astrophysics and strong-field tests of general relativity.
- Professor at Johns Hopkins University.
Selected professional recognitions
- 2019-2022: President Elect of the International Society on General Relativity and Gravitation.
- 2019: Elected Fellow of the International Society on General Relativity and Gravitation.
- 2017: University of Mississippi’s College of Liberal Arts inaugural Research, Scholarship and Creative Achievement Award.
- 2017-2020: Divisional Associate Editor of Physical Review Letters.
- 2017-2020: Selected as a member of NASA’s U.S. LISA Study Team.
- 2016-2019: Elected to the Chair Line of the American Physical Society’s Division of Gravitational Physics.
- 2016: IOP Outstanding Reviewer Award.
- 2016-2017: Selected as a member of NASA’s L3 Study Team, investigating NASA’s participation in ESA’s L3 gravitational wave mission.
- 2015-2017: FCT Consolidator Award, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Lisbon (Portugal).
- 2015: Elected Fellow of the American Physical Society by the Division of Gravitational Physics.
- 2014-2019: Associate Editor of General Relativity and Gravitation.
- 2013-2019: Elected Member of the Nominating Committee of the International Society on General Relativity and Gravitation.
- 2011-2016: NSF CAREER Award.
- 2011: American Physical Society Outstanding Referee Award.
A Serious Man
The picture above is from the Coen brothers’ movie A Serious Man.